Mission: To elevate the multidimensional skillset of the frontline workforce through competency-based instruction.
Umemba Health Academy is a division of Umemba Health LLC
; a woman-owned, minority-owned public health education and consulting agency that helps public health organizations and healthcare systems to educate their workforce, empower their leadership, and expand their community presence to elevate the lives of the individuals and communities they serve.
We work to improve public health and population health practices by supporting individual development and organizational performance that generates results and drives healthy change.
One of the ways in which we do this is through high-quality training and professional development through Umemba Health Academy, our virtual campus for Community Health Workers (CHWs), CHW Instructors, and other public health professionals.
Our service areas include:
1. Providing CHW Certification to include foundational or core competency training.
2. Providing CHW continuing education and other professional development opportunities.
3. Assisting public health professionals in getting and keeping CHW jobs and in performing to their job duties to top of their scope.
4. Supporting CHW Instructors and Trainers, preparing them to lead and instruct the next generation of Community Health Workers.
5. Collaborating with agencies that support and utilize CHWs. This includes public health organizations, non-profits, and healthcare systems.
Umemba Health is a Texas DSHS-approved provider of CHW and CHW Instructor certification and continuing education. (Certificate #64, Expiration 2/2024).